Re: 2.0.27: aha1740[9]_mbxout wait!

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 19:30:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Barrie Spence wrote:

> Since I upgraded my system from a 486DX2-66 to a P5/120 (x2) with an
> ASUS P55T2P4D motherboard, I've been getting these messages. As far as I
> can tell, they only occur when the system is idle - never under any
> significant load on the disk/controller.
>
> I believe that this may simply be a timing problem intrduced with the
> pentium - as part if the upgrade I ran the board with a single processor
> and with the caches disabled - during that time, I don't believe I ever
> saw these messages.

I ran a P90 news server with a 1740 for some months. It used to get these
messages as well...and was rarely idle. I ended up wanting multiple SCSI
busses, and the 1740 driver seemed to lack support for more than one
card...so I went with NCR 810's.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______