Re: modutils snapshot for 970103

Trevor Johnson (trevor@jpj.net)
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 08:22:34 -0800 (PST)

Keith Owens wrote:

> After applying the modutils kernel patch, you must rebuild your config
> file by make config/menuconfig/xconfig. No need to make any changes
> but you must save the new configuration.

After applying the patch, I had done "make oldconfig" to use my original
configuration with CONFIG_MODULES, CONFIG_MODVERSIONS and CONFIG_KERNELD
all turned on. I noticed the problem with the *.ver files was still
there, so I turned off CONFIG_MODVERSIONS using menuconfig, but
compilation failed. I tried again with CONFIG_KERNELD disabled as well
and got the errors I reported.
___
Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>