Re: Video card questions...

Tuomas Heino (tbittih@xgw.fi)
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 12:32:38 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, David S. Miller wrote:

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 12:50:32 -0800 (PST)
> From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
>
> > First: Why would you WANT more than 1 video card? no real need.
>
> Upcoming versions of Microsoft Windows will likely support this.
> If Linux does not, it will slip farther from acceptance as a
> desktop OS in the cubicle zone.
>
> Linux already supports it, on the Sparc at least. The Intel doesn't
> support multiple heads yet? Come on guys, I'm the young port, you
> need to do some catching up ;-)

If you mean sparc supports it (kernel, not just X;) then i386 should
really catch up ;) ... but as you start using multiple displays you'll
prolly want multiple keyboards and/or mice soon... multiple keyboards
might be hard as I haven't heard of hardware support for that yet...
multiple mice shouldn't be that hard ;)
Anyway using multiple monitors && multiple VCs && multiple keyboards &&
multiple mice with single machine would rock ;)