Re: bzdisk boot failure

Bob Nielsen (nielsen@primenet.com)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 19:00:23 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, John Fort wrote:

> >I compiled 2.0.27 with 'make bzdisk'. The compilation was successful, but
> >when I tried to boot with the floppy, I got

> >Followed by a repeating series of:
> >
> >1010
> >AX:0212
> >BX:3400
> >CX:0001
> >DX:0000.
>
> >----
> >Bob Nielsen Internet: nielsen@primenet.com
> >Tucson, AZ AMPRnet: w6swe@w6swe.ampr.org
> > AX.25: w6swe@wb7tls.az.usa.noam
> > http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen
> >

> I had this about 8-9 times yesterday trying to get 2.1.20 to boot.
> Reformatted the floppy under DOS and found 23K of bad sectors.
>
> Possible coincidence?

I did a DOS format and it found no bad sectors. chkdsk didn't show any
problems either. I tried 'make bzdisk' again and the same problem
occured. Then I took an old boot disk, verified that it would still
boot, and did 'make bzdisk' with it. This time it booted.

Gee, maybe CompuServe has found a way to keep us from recycling all those
disks they include with computer magazines and in bulk mailings. Anyway,
that disk has gone into the circular file.

Bob

----