block on freelist XXXXXXXX isn't free? (fwd)

Derrik Pates (dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 09:21:41 -0700 (MST)

Sorry to resend this, but I haven't seen any response at all, so I don't
know if anyone even got it. My machine is STILL doing this with a 2.0.27
kernel, so I don't know what's going on.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 17:30:31 -0700 (MST)
From: Derrik Pates <dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: block on freelist XXXXXXXX isn't free?

I have been getting this message on my system, just strating today. If I
try to run more than X windows, a couple terminals and a couple simple
applications (workman and xv) I start getting this:

kernel: Problem: block on freelist at XXXXXXXX isn't free.
kernel: Unable to load interpreter

The XXXXXXXX has varied only slightly, but it always stays the same within
a single boot. The latest one is 00b61c90 but I doubt that that's
especially meaningful. I'm running Linux 2.0.17 right now, and at this
point I don't know what other info would be useful to anyone. So, PLEASE,
if this isn't a known problem, let me know what information to send to get
this remedied. I've already tried running memtest, and I let it do about
2.5 million passes, and it gave no errors on the memory. Thanks for any
help.