Re: too much untested code in new kernels

Alessandro Suardi (asuardi@uninetcom.it)
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 23:10:10 +0100

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

[snip]

> So the results is that I'm not going to run 2.1.18 or any later kernel
> on my machine for several weeks.
>
> Please, code authors, test your patches before you send them to Linus.
> And please, Linus, if a patch has not been tested to your satisfaction,
> tell the author to test it some more before you accept it.
>
> Michael Chastain
> mec@shout.net
> "love without fear"

So I'm not the only one :)

I am also trying snatches of modutils by rth but couldn't get them
decently working (I hope it's OK that one hasn't to be a kernel god
to run a development kernel ;).

2.1.20 is (slowly) downloading from FUNET, will try that as well...

Cheers,

--alessandro <asuardi@uninetcom.it> <asuardi@it.oracle.com>

Linux kernel-2.1.17 libc-5.4.17 gcc-2.7.2.1 binutils-2.7.0.3