Re: Adaptec AHA2940

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer (linux@startrek.in-trier.de)
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 17:37:31 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, lonnie wrote:

> I have just installed a 2940 adapter in my system and installed slackware
> 3.0 on my scsi drive connected to it. The install went smoothly but when i
> booted it and tried to compile a kernel i got gpf's and kernel page request
> errors and my system immediately locks solid. I have thorougly checked my
> system and cant see a hardware problem to explain it. Ive been using the
> scsi drive for a few months connected to an AHA1542 adapter without any
> trouble. Is there a know bug with the driver for this card, and is there
> a fix for it?

I've been using an AHA2940 for ages, and it works fine. However, there are
some problems with changing SCSI adapters, e.g. a harddisk formatted with
an Adaptec controller sometimes won't work with a NCR controller, and vice
versa.
If you have any other OSes installed, see if they can access everything.

LLaP
bero