Re: signing a filesystem

LD Landis (ldl@ldl.HealthPartners.COM)
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 20:40:51 -0600 (CST)

Russell, et al,

I am not fixated on (necesarily) a MVS-style thing, although the plea in
which I stated it is probably an appropriate time to begin taking a more
bifricated approach (kernel function vs security function) motivated my
response to you. I'm not as concerned about UNIX-hackers doing it wrong
as I am about the prevailing "everything is perfect", and "we don't need
it". [We are going to bury the competition, but only if we address the
enterprise issues].

I am not at all familiar with "how" MVS does its thing, and I (having
had some experience with MVS-kinfolk) believe that there is a better
"UNIX-WAY" (TM) to accomplish the needed separation. I like the gist of
what I've read on the "signing" thread.

Re: did I miss your post
Possibly. Bad time of year to stay "on track", at home, ya know...
For the most part I only read selective linux-kernel posts, and not
necessarily all of them.

Re: linux-kernel-design
I'd sure like to have a separate list for kernel-design! That's the only
part I have any time for at present.

--
Cheers,
	--ldl

"There are people who don't like capitalism, and there are people who don't like PCs, but there's no one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft." - Bill Gates, interviewed by the L.A. Times, 22 Nov 96

Gee, I am "NO ONE"! Thanks Bill, it's nice to know (finally!). What VANITY! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------