Re: dmsdos success story :-)

Daniel G. Linder (dlinder@webcentric.net)
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 11:10:17 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 27 Dec 1996, Egor Egorov wrote:
> No, there is a better thing in the world. There is chattr +c for ext2
> filesystem, and there is a package, that adds support for this feature in
> the kernel.

I think Mr. Fisher was refering to adding in the compressed MSDOS
filesystem support into Linux. The compressed ext2 is a neat feature
that I have not played with and should be usefull for limited LINUX
systems, but that does not help if the system has to access a compressed
DOS filesystem. Linus et. al., I would like to second the addition of
the dmsdos compression into the 2.1.X kernel ASAP. (Maybe even add the
ntfs as an ALPHA option?)

Dan