Presentation and my first question

Jose M. Laveda (jmlm@ctv.es)
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:13:05 +0100

Tom Dyas wrote:

> Those are actually task queues that allow functions to be run during
> bottom half (software interrupt mechanism). Programs use queue_task()
> to put functions on a task queue. Then for example, in the timer
> bottom half, all functions on tq_timer get run.
>
> You may want to study Linux 2.0.27 which is the latest stable version
> of Linux instead of 1.2.13. When you get to other parts of the kernel,
> 2.0.x is very different (read: improved) than 1.2.x.

.. Thank you Tom but I've the 99% of my work based on the
1.2.13
kernel (that was the latest 'stable' at the moment of starting my work
:( ).
Only a little question, just another example, please..
I'm seeing a
'light' but It's not enough for me :), some questions:

- Kernel puts many tasks in this queues under certain conditions,
that's ok?
What kind of tasks? tq_immediate is an intend to make 'real time'
beliving to linux?...

Maybe they seem silly questions for you but they're important for me.

Best
regards.
Jose.

A SLUG (Spanish Linux Users Group) member in the Mocochof$ country
(Spain) ;).

--
Jose Manuel Laveda Molina.
Cullera - Valencia - SPAIN