Re: vfat problems...

Gordon Chaffee (chaffee@odie.cs.berkeley.edu)
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 16:48:27 -0800 (PST)

<199612161833.KAA21337@odie.CS.Berkeley.EDU> <Pine.SUN.3.95.961216140635.22579A-100000@jupiter.cc.gettysburg.edu>FCC: ~/.outgoingMail

In article <Pine.SUN.3.95.961216140635.22579A-100000@jupiter.cc.gettysburg.edu>, Charlie Ross <Charles.A.Ross@cc.gettysburg.edu> wrote:
>But there IS a problem... I was not trying to remove a directory at all..
>And the filesystem just went ape and turned read only...
>
>I think linux vfat is hosing my fs. Scandisk gave me a large range of
>errors, crosslinked files, unassociated long file names, lost chains... and
>god knows what else...

How big is your partition? Would it be possible to gzip the
partition and let me know what the size is? I'd like to duplicate
the actions you took and the resulting corruption that occurred and
if it compresses well, I could have you send the whole thing to me via
ftp.

>BTW.. is there a vfat/umsdos hybrid yet?

Not yet. I haven't had a chance to work that last few bugs out.

Gordon Chaffee