RE: setserial oops with 2.1.15 and non working mouse

Rob Riggs (rriggs@tesser.com)
Sat, 14 Dec 1996 17:05:59 -0700 (MST)

On 14-Dec-96 Farzad FARID wrote:
>Another computer I compiled 2.1.15 on didn't oops, but on both computers
>the mouse doesn't work anymore. gpm loads but does not work and I get an
>error message from X11 saying it cannot access the mouse.
> On both computers the UART is a 16550A, I can open the computer and find
>the brand of the chip if someone cares.

Same here. UART is 16550A, but setserial reported that the
UART was unknown. 'setserial ttyS# uart 16650A' fixed the
problem. This is on a Triton board with a UMC UM8663 multi-
IO chip. Hmm... neither of my modem UARTs were recognized
either. Both are 16550A as well. One is an Intel 144i, the
other is a Best Data 2834 (don't know who makes the UARTs).

Rob
(rriggs@tesser.com)