Re: Linus v2.0 released

Jared Mauch (jared@wolverine.hq.cic.net)
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 18:38:20 -0500 (EST)

James L. McGill graced my mailbox with this long sought knowledge:

> On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Andrea Ferraris wrote:
>
> > LT> AP/STT. Helsinki, Dec 5th, 6:22 AM. For immediate release.
> >
> > LT> In order to allay fears about the continuity of the Linux project, Linus
> > LT> Torvalds together with his manager Tove Monni have released "Linus
> > LT> v2.0", affectionately known as "Kernel Hacker - The Next Generation".
>
> If I understand this correctly, then congratulations are in order.
>
> Since Linus will obviously have no more free time, what will become
> of the kernel?

If that becomes the case, I would like to request that Alan
Cox take care of the source tree. I would hope that Linus has time to
continue to work on this project. It's come a long way, and I'd hate
to see it split into many different source trees.

- Jared