Re: Token Ring Problem

Jim Richey (jrichey@pabs.com)
Mon, 09 Dec 1996 14:45:59 -0500

It was a lot worse prior to the big-ping problem fix. It appears to
occur less frequently now. Back when I was running 1.1.71 with token
ring patches I didn't
have any trouble at all. It started with the 2.0.x kernels. I started at
2.0.10 and have had the problem since, although as I said it seems to
have gotten better since going to 2.0.25. At one point I couldn't even
ftp from and IBM SP2 system without the TR board getting locked. Since
going to 2.0.25, that problem went away.

--

Jim Richey jrichey@pabs.com http://www.cmagic.com/Pub/JLR/home.html