Re: Connections won't timeout

DUPRE Christophe (duprec@jsp.umontreal.ca)
Sat, 7 Dec 1996 17:24:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Dec 1996, Michael Driscoll wrote:

> Connections to my machine that were cut off by my box losing it's ppp
> connection haven't timed out even after a few days.

I'm having the same problem on one of our servers : If a connection is
dropped because the other end's PPP connection dropped, the sockets do
not timeout and the ftpd process do not die....
Is this an error in wu.ftpd or in the kernel ?

I've found that killing (with SIGKILL) the hung process would eventually
timeout the socket...

Christophe Dupre Universite de Montreal
Montreal, Qc, Canada
"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre" - Fernando Savater

#include <disclaimer.h>