Re: Zip drive with IDE

Francis Vidal (francis@linux1.usls.edu)
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:48:15 +0800 (HKT)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Vampy wrote:

> Hello. I was looking for backup driver for my linux box. I read about the
> linux-zipDrive-howto in sunsite. And it said that the external zip drive
> is SCSI designed. I have an IDE controller. Is it possible external zip
> dirve will work on my computer if I compiled my kernel to support SCSI
> device?

yes. i use external Zip drive which connects to the parallel port of my
computer. compile your kernel to support SCSI devices, SCSI disk, and
support for IOMEGA Zip Drive parallel. the next time you boot (if your Zip
drive is connected) you will see that it can identify it (/dev/sda4). you
can also compile it as a module.

... [ francis vidal ] systems administrator, @usls, univ. of st. la salle
0973.220416 (cell) / +034.435.2324 mailto:francisv@mozcom.com
http://www.lasaltech.com/~francis mailto:francis@usls.edu
P G P key available at ftp://ftp.usls.edu/pub/pgpkey/francis.pgp