Re: PNP patch into kernel when?

Robert S. Liesenfeld (xunil@bitstream.net)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:54:27 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Philip Blundell wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:
>
> > I think this squashes all the complaints put forward so far.
> > If not, please remind me.
>
> I've just been looking at the PnP patch in slightly more detail. Is there
> any chance you could use a slightly more conventional layout style? I
> find that function definitions laid out as
>
> /*
> * Find an empty region entry.
> */
> static hwres_entry_t * find_empty
> (
> void
> )
> {
> int i;
> }
>
> are a bit visually jarring, and they don't match any other part of the
> kernel that I know of. Since I imagine many people may want to work on
> the resource manager, it seems polite to stick to the standard coding
> style.

I agree. A consistant style must be follwed throughout the code or major
confusion will result.

-R

Robert S. Liesenfeld <>< | Mail/News/UUCP Administrator
xunil@bitstream.net IRC:Xunil96 | Programmer
http://www2.bitstream.net/~xunil/ | Network Engineer
finger for PGP public key | Die-hard Linux Addict
"Foink." | Bitstream Underground, Mpls, MN