Re: sound module - setting initial volume

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:12:36 +0200 (EET)

On 5 Dec 1996, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Hello, out there
>
> I wonder if it's possible to set an initial volume that the sound-driver -
> if loaded as a module - uses at the time being (re)loaded.
>
> Currently the volume is set to 90 percent that - because I compiled sound
> support as a module and I use kerneld of course :-) - nearly blows me away
> if I want to do anything sound-related and the sound-module is _not_ loaded
> and therefore has to be loaded by kerneld (and sets initial volume compiled
> in it ... got my problem).
Linux 2.1.x versions of the sound driver contain two internal calls which
can be used if someone is willing to implement support for loading/saving
the mixer levels using kerneld. I'm not interested in implementing this
feature myself but will give some instructions if somebody else wants to
do it (has experience with kerneld).

Best regards,

Hannu
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi, hannu@4front-tech.com)