Re: 64 Bit?

David S. Miller (davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu)
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 00:17:10 -0500

Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 19:15:39 -0800
From: "Thaddeus H. Wood" <thw@sentient.com>

This is mis-information.

>The SparcLinux is 32bit, the Alpha is the only CPU we support currently that
>is even 64bit (Ultrasparc isnt yet supported)

The UltraSparc is now supported. More or less. With some minor caveats, it
seems to be pretty stable and blazing fast. See the SparcLinux page for more
info:

http://www.geog.ubc.ca/sparclinux.html

Cheers to the SparcLinux team.

Not true at all, work has begun on the port and I and some others have
machines to do the port on. In no way is it fully up yet nor
supported.

Please do not let this "rumor" propagate, it is not true and I lack
any idea where people have gotten this information.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s ////
ethernet. Beat that! ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><