Re: linux-kernel-digest V1 #636

Chris Austin (myrdraal@alpha.pulsar.net)
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 17:03:43 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996, Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > I went to compile kernel 2.1.14 and as I compiled the modules and it hit
> > the bsd_comp module (for ppp) it said something about not having a rule
> > for netprotocol.h (Included as "linux/netprotocol.h") needed for bsd_comp.o,
> I get the same thing. The file is missing.
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
[etc]
Yep.. That's exactly what I got... I also did a recursive grep of the
source tree, and found that that was the ONLY file that needed
netprotocol.h ... Hmm, either it was left out, or whoever made it was
supposed to use some other .h file... Thanks for the response, I'm glad
to know I'm not alone in my suffering :)
Bye,
Chris Austin