Re: driver development tool

Philippe Strauss (philou@sicel-home-1-4.urbanet.ch)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:35:30 +0100 (MET)

Meir Dukhan wrote:

> Philippe Strauss wrote:
> >

> > I've long waited for a good free PCB design soft :)
> > I'll be highly surprised that you don't know pcb, a simple
> > and far from perfect pcb drawing tool (100% manual).
> > Could be a starting point.
> >

> Could you please tell me what is a PCB design soft ?

A printed circuit design tool. The most powerful of them are
able to translate the schematic to PC board layout (auto-routing),
most of the result from auto-routing is really bad for analog
design but ok for logic.
Some claim to be able to simulate problem with capacitance between
the wires, inductance along the wires etc..

The only PCB tool available for free is on
ftp.funet.fi/pub/cae/pcb/1.4
I din't try it myself, last i tried was 1.1

Regards, Philippe

--
Philippe Strauss, CH-1092 Belmont

Email: <philippe.strauss@urbanet.ch> Homepage: http://sicel-home-1-4.urbanet.ch