Re: msdos fs bug? (comma in filename)

Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:24:50 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> > So, if MS-DOS can't handle commas in filenames, linux msdos-fs should'nt
> > create such filenames, IMHO.
>
> I agree (for what it's worth). I get this all time with many
> bad characters in the name - seems the vfat system accepts
> almost anything, yet Win95 barfs (can list it, but can't otherwise
> open or rename it).

Don't you just love MS, vfat is a posix.1 complient fs (I think posix.1),
but Win95 can't handle all the chars you can stuff in the file names. ie
vfat is posix compliant, but Win95's filesystem code isn't.

> --
> Andrew E. Mileski mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.