Re: Dialing into a Windows NT RAS connection.

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 07:19:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Daniel Linder wrote:

> Just a quick question (but not directly kernel related -- sorry). Does
> anyone know what protocol Windows NT RAS servers use on the line? I have
> an NT box setup at work for dialin, but I have to boot back into Win95 to
> dial in. Anyone heard of connecting to an NT box from a non-Microsoft OS
> machine?

Most likely, it's using PAP or MS CHAP-80. If you have PPP 2.2.0f, you
should be able to get the encryption code to do CHAP-80 if that's what
it's running - probably have to try both tho. It's all in the docs,
anyway.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"