Re: PPP problems: possible fix

Hugues Talbot (Hugues.Talbot@dms.csiro.au)
Sat, 07 Sep 1996 16:09:12 +1000

Derrick Brashear wrote:

> after realizing that PPP was livable until I upgraded past 2.0.15, I did some
> experimenting. The following diff, which undoes something in 2.0.16, works
> for me. I'd appreciate it if some of you who have been having PPP troubles
> would try it and let me know if it helps.
[small patch follows...]

That is bizarre. This very same line was introduced in
2.0.12 and broke *my* PPP. That's why it was taken out again
in 2.0.16. Obviously we could go a long way putting this line
back and taking it out again...

Seems to me that there is something fishy somewhere
else. Someone suggested a bug in VJ header compression. It did help
for me. People who have a ppp problem maybe can try putting a line
with `-vj' in their /etc/ppp/options file to turn the compression off,
and report the results ?

__________Hugues Talbot, CSIRO Div Maths & Stats,______________
/ \
| ,-_|\ Down under, Locked Bag 17, North Ryde NSW 2113 |
| / \ Ph: 61 2 9325 3224 Fax: 61 2 9325 3200|
| \_,-._* <- There (Building E6B, Macquarie University) |
| , E-mail: talbot@syd.dms.csiro.au |
| WWW: http://www.dms.csiro.au/~talbot |