Re: 2.0.15 compiling troubles

Thu, 5 Sep 1996 22:32:31 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 2 Sep 1996, Thom wrote:

> i am trying to upgrade my kernel for the first time...when i do the "make
> zImage" command, i get:
> align-functions=2 -DCPU=586 -c-o init/main.o init/main.c
> (line above error, respectively)
> cc1: Invalid option `align-loops=2`
> cc1: Invalid option `align-jumps=2`
> cc1: Invalid option `align-functions=2`
> make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1
>
> any explanation/help would be appreciated...
>
> thanks
> Thom

Well your gcc is two old for the P5 optimisations, you can edit the
Makefile, and remove the align-... swiches from the cflags, as a temporary
mesure, but you should upgrade gcc, (as well as loads of other things),
you should look in linux/Documentation/Changes for what you should upgrade.
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.