Re: Multiple IP addresses under kernel 2.0.x

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 08:28:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> I'm working on a contract job for a client who will need to assign a
> relatively large number of IP addresses to a single network interface. How
> many such assignments are supported under Linux 2.0.x? I've been told that
> the nominal number is 32, tweakable to 64 by appropriate bit-switching in
> the Right Place. We will proabably need in excess of 200 such assignments.
> BSDI supports 256, I'm told, but we're already using Linux and would just as

Read the source. Default for Linux 2.0.x is 256, I believe. If you need
more, just change one define. As a test, I raised it to 1024, and it
appeared to work.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______