Re: patch pre-2.0.17

Russell Berry (rberry@albany.net)
Mon, 02 Sep 1996 21:05:04 -0400

Peter J. de Vrijer wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Sep 1996, Russell Berry wrote:
>
> > If you read the ftape docs, you'll see that you CANNOT access the
> > floppy while accessing the tape drive. That behavior is kernel
> > independent
> Ok I admit, I was being stupid. But it should not freeze on me.
> It should shout at me 'HEY YOU, YOU CANNOT USE FLOPPY AND FTAPE
> AT THE SAME TIME'. Or something like that.
>
> Peter

> | Peter J. de Vrijer e-mail: peter@pa3ebv.ow.nl |
> | werk: pj.de.vrijer@chw.nl |
> | And perhaps the horse will learn to sing |
Now that sounds like a viable option, I did try it once just to see
what would happen, you know, "don't touch that button!" type of thing.
And sure enough, it locked up the machine. I believe that is a flaw in
the design, maybe our kernel wizards, (or ftape/floppy wizards) can implement
a more hospitable reaction to such an attempt...

---russ