Re: Linux support denial in commercial products?

jsanchez@esegi.es
20 Aug 1996 11:43:06 +0200

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960819140711.25386B-100000@pb.packardbell.com> Jeff Gustafson <jeffgus@packardbell.com> writes:

> I asked a Microsoft guy about this and he said the because Linux
> can't do the graphics that other Unicies and (as he pointed to the large
> screen) Windows can do, they cannot port it to Linux. ???????! I always
> thought that X was X, but MS must make it more complex.

This smells of Motif. That guy does not know what he's talking about,
but I think what he has somewhere overhead is that Linux does not have
the Motif libraries. You just happened to hear a poor translation.

Julio

--
Julio Sanchez, SGI Soluciones Globales Internet
Tel: (91) 804 28 37 Fax: (91) 804 14 05  WWW: http://www.esegi.es