Re: Linux support denial in commercial products?

Helmut Riegler (helmut@sparc1.fast.co.at)
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:39:35 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Dominic Binks wrote:

> another DB uneecessarily and that's the status quo. What is more
> likely to put the proverbial cat among the pigeons is a good Office
> suite that is compatible with MS Office and UNIX equivalents,
> multiplatform and requires modest resources on Linux, in comparison to
> Windows systems. If in addition the solution proved to be relatively
> cheap there would be a good argument for putting in our office. We
> use Linux, Solaris, SunOS, Win95 and HP-UX. Currently we use Word 6/7
> for our internal documentation needs and Frame Maker for some external
> apps.

About office package: Take a look at staroffice. It looks very nice. It
is avaiable on sunsite.

Recently I heard something about Applixware but I don't know a source.

Helmut

--
Name:   Helmut Riegler                 Email: helmut.riegler@fast.co.at
Office: FAST Ges.m.b.H                 Phone: ++43/1/7980180-17