scsi multisession and Linux-2.0.11

Bernhard Kaindl (bartelt@computerhaus.at)
Mon, 5 Aug 1996 23:58:53 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> I just released Linux-2.0.11, which mainly contains various device driver
> patches, notably the IDE patches.

And also a patch to drivers/sr.c which you may need to undo if you want to
use a Toshiba SCSI CDROM to mount multisession CDRs written by HP's Easy-CD
or any other Software which uses similary format that provides multisession
without XA.

You may get these errors when you try to mount such a multisession CDR on
a Toshiba:

SCSI CD error : host 0 id 5 lun 0 return code = 28000002
extra data not valid Current error sr0b:00: sense key Blank Check
Additional sense indicates Illegal mode for this track
CD-ROM I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 839292
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev 0b:00 iso_blknum 209823 block 419646

Undoing the patch to drivers/sr.c should fix it for you.

I hope the XA-Check is ready soon. Next step may be the correct initialisation
of ms_info.addr.lba in all cdrom-drivers, and then access to all sessions of
non-XA multisession disks can be enabled again.

Best Regards,

Bernhard Kaindl

| Email: bartelt@computerhaus.at, lupus@sbox.tu-graz.ac.at |