Re: trying to upgrade

Baard Johannessen (bardj@utopia.ppp.sn.no)
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 04:04:37 +0100

>From bardj Wed Jul 31 07:06:19 1996
From: Charlene Stevens <dasher@origami.jam.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:54:46 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu

I have a problem that is starting to mildly annoy me and I cant decide why it is happening. I am currently running 1.2.13 and desparately trying to upgrade to at least 2.0.0. I have one small problem though. I configure and compile the kernel error free and my system even boots up fine and my network seems to work great except for one thing. If I try to connect to my httpd I get a TCP error everytime saying the server is either refusing connections or is down. Yet if I reboot with the old kernel the httpd works like a charm. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
Charlene

You seem to have a problem with your linefeed / newline / return key as well
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Try getting the latest source for your httpd and recompile it :)

Good luck
bardj