Re: Not a bible thumper. . .

Lex Spoon (sspoon@clemson.edu)
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 18:46:45 -0400 (EDT)

Jochen Toppe wrote:

> Bible Thumper? Anyhow....
>
> #
> # Using defaults found in .config
> #
> *
> * Code maturity level options
> *
> Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers (CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL) [Y/n/?]
> System messages featuring finest profanity (CONFIG_VULGAR) [Y/n/?]
> *
> * Loadable module support
> *
> .... *ducks*
>
> Here are my two bits: A natural amount of profanity in the
> appropriate places of the code ("Sun blows me"..) are fine, but that
> is no incentive to have a kernel which constantly curses, that would
> probably get on every users nerve sooner or later. Wasn't there a
> proposal to create a curse-kernel? Well, there still is that config
> option thing? curse patches? *ducks again*. Mamma mia, I should go now =)
> Where is this thread going anyways? Let it be up to Master Linus?

Woo hoo! Now there's something Linux would have on commercial OS's! It
would be so cool to see:

VFS: Shit! Some dumbass took the disk out! (2/0)

And of course, in addition to the config option, we would need a
boot time option and a proc config file (for when grandma comes
over):

echo "Hell, yeah!" > /proc/vulgarities

OR echo "No, thank you" > /proc/vulgarities

Lex