Re: Not a bible thumper. . .

Derrik Pates (dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu)
Wed, 24 Jul 1996 11:10:14 -0600 (MDT)

On 22 Jul 1996, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> Personally, that group doesn't interest me. I don't recognize their right
> to dictate vocabulary.
>
> So consequently, when I use swearwords, they are obviously NOT meant to
> shock anybody. They are meant to relieve some tension, or sometimes for
> emphasis. This actually seems to work most of the time.

I have to agree with this - some people still find swearing to be
"shocking", but it is, for better or worse, an element of the world
culture. I do NOT find it shocking, as most everyone I know has used at
least one swear-word (usually more) in the time I've known them.

> By the way, "politically correct" is an obscene concept in *my* eyes, and
> somehow I get the feeling I'm not alone in this.

Political correctness is the dumbest concept ever to hit the face of the
earth. Linux developers and users, as far as I am concerned, should not
worry about "political correctness" as it is an extremely obscene, not to
mention worthless, concept. If someone wants to swear, let them. Those who
want political correctness, let them seek it elsewhere. It's not here, nor
is it in the Linux Kernel source.

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

--
"Some help would be nice... Or a sandwich and a cold beer!!!"  --Boston Low,
                                                                 "The Dig"