Re: Ramdisk Bug?

Chad Page (page0588@sundance.sjsu.edu)
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 14:57:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, John Storrs wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Having a few problems with 2.0.8 as a result of trying to rebuild a rescue
> disk using yard-1.5. The ramdisk driver doesn't seem to work correctly.
> The last time I did this was with 1.3.80 or so - no problems then. I have
> a 32Mb pentium system. I built the kernel with the ramdisk and initial ramdisk
> options enabled. The ramdisk devices /dev/ram[0-7] and /dev/initrd are correct.

The last time I heard a bug report like this was when they set
ramdisk=0 in their lilo.conf - which in 2.0.x causes the ramdisk driver
to think that the ramdisks should be nullified (ramdisk=x now sets the
maximum size of the ramdisk.) I sent in a patch which would override
this for ramdisk=0, but I don't know if it got in...

Please check your config files for ramdisk=0 or ramsize=0. If
the ramdisk still dosen't work, please tell me and I'll look into it...

- Chad