PAS16 /dev/audio problems

Fred Broce (fbroce@atlanta.com)
Sun, 07 Jul 1996 23:06:27 -0400

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996 Mark E. Levitt wrote:

> Same problem hear (pun intended). I discovered that if you enable
> sound blaster support (say Y to SB Support and set IRQ to 5 DMA to 1)
> then if you cat the .au file to /dev/audio1 it comes out right.

I have the same problem with PAS16..I copied the source tree (for the
sound driver) for 2.0.0 onto 2.0.3 and it works properly..Hannu is aware
of the problem and is looking at it I am sure. I haven't tried the SB
emulation cure..that might work..dunno if I have the DMA and irq free
though..It will play a .wav file correctly and do real audio..just has a
problem with .au files..

Fred