Re: Broke Makefile in Linux.

Hubert A. Bahr (hab@ece.engr.ucf.edu)
Fri, 05 Jul 1996 13:19:20 +0000

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Surely, the Makes can be organized so that a total rebuild
> > would only be required in dire circumstances. A minor configurtion
> > change should not key it.
>
> make config touches the config.h files. A lot of people refer to those. Its
> probably possible to tidy this up.
>
> Alan

I will take a look at the dependacies an see if I can come up with an organization
that doesn't go overboard in header files yet drastically reduces the number of
recompiles. After I get a set of patches I will submit those to the list and
entertain discussion on the pro's and con's of including this approach in future
releases. I know a primary concern is to make sure everything that needs to be
updated is updated.
Hubert