Re: 2.0.1 PPP broke

Jeffery S. Coy Jr. (jcoy@red.cscwc.pima.edu)
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 20:12:02 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Kevin Buettner wrote:

> On Jul 3, 1:35pm, d-seaman@ukans.edu wrote:
> > Anyone else have this problem? For now I'll have to stick with 2.0.0.
>
> No.
>
> PPP works fine for me. Here are the differences between our setups:
>
> 1) I have a statically assigned IP address.
> 2) I use diald to do the dialing. (A very nice program, BTW.)
> 3) PPP is not a module.

ppp works fine for me in 2.0.1 as well.

1) i have a dynamically assigned IP address.
2) i let request-route do the dialing [*]
3) ppp is a module (bsd compressors are only built as modules).

but my ip-up script resets the hostname to that of the new ip connection
(via SIOCGIADDR), ip-down resets it to old defaults.

jeff
[*] this is purely lazyness; i wrote a chat script and made a
request-route a symlink. i keep meaning to look at diald, but havn't
gotten to it.

--
Why Linux?  source code. POSIX. tcpip. job control. support from the authors.
drivers for most hardware.  because one terminal or process is never enough.