Re: My wish for the next Linux-Release...

Alexander Sanda (alex@darkstar.ping.at)
1 Jul 1996 20:06:59 GMT

In article <9607011402.AA19742@ingrid>
Herbert Wengatz <hwe@uebemc.siemens.de> wrote:

[deleted]

>But I'd like to soon use SAMBA and NFS, since I'm building up a little
>LAN at home, with the PC of my girlfriend and my old Sun 3/60.
>
>And there are some more features I'd like to use, like firewalling,
>and, and, and...
>
>Can anybody give me hint, what I can do ?

Very easy: use modules. Compile your kernel with only the most
important things built-in. _All_ other things, you can build as
modules (see Documentation/modules.txt).

--
#  /AS/   PGP key available                          powered by Linux #