Re: Console as terminal on serial port

Graham Mitchell (gmitch@woodlea.wintermute.co.uk)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 03:26:32 +0000

On 25 Jun 96 at 1:10, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

<snip>

> Amazing! I couldn't get my UART to reckognize a break, so I
> thought it was a defect in the serial driver.. Heh, SunOS has
> the same problem with a serial console on it.. don't turn it
> off ;). I'll make a new version that accepts a boot option
> like "console_break=x", where x:
>
> x=0: do not accept BREAKs
> x=1 : like it is now
> x>1 : listen for x breaks in succesion (within a few seconds)
>
> Does that sound OK?

Yeah..... sounds OK to me..... Is anyone working on adding a debugger
or anything to the kernel.....? Someone did mention that there was a
proper one floating around somewhere.

Graham
The world isnt run by weapons any more, or energy or money
Its run by little 1s and 0s, little bits of data
Its all just electrons