Re: Cyclades MUX and PPP

Sun, 23 Jun 1996 00:17:56 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Isamar Maia wrote:

> Cyclades Multi-Serial of 16 Ports is not working in my 2.0 kernel version
> Not such device: cannot open /dev/ttyC0
> trying with minicom. All ttyC were deleted and recreated with
> /dev/MAKEDEV cyclades.
> Kernel correctly recognizes cyclades and its devices

Hmm, what number do the devices start at ? They used to start at 32 (I
think), but this has been fixed, (since pre2.0.x (aka 1.99.x) somewhere I
think), if your devices start at 32, try makeing the first at 0, eg:
mknod /dev/ttyC0 c 19 0

and see if that works (open with minicom ...)

> And all of my TR modem lights are off. Any suggestion?
> The other problem is with PPP. I'm trying put it running for dialin users
> and no success. I installed 2.2.0f release, followed the README file and
> nothing works except a message:
> PPP not available in this system

Have you compiled to use ppp ? Did you say yes to the ppp questions in
make config ?

> I made config with PPP enabling. WHat should it be happenning?

It should be saing something like (this is from the modules installing so):
CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
PPP: version 2.2.0 (dynamic channel allocation)
PPP Dynamic channel allocation code copyright 1995 Caldera, Inc.
PPP line discipline registered.

in the boot messages (or in dmesg), (or only dmesg if it's as a module).
If you compile it as a module, you have to get it in the kernel, with
either insmod, modprobe, or kerneld.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.