Re: Console as terminal on serial port

Sat, 22 Jun 1996 17:27:32 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Mark Buckaway wrote:

> "Mark Hahn said:"
> >
> >> Most workstations support booting up from a dumb term or a frame
> >> buffer/graphics card. I would just like to do this with Linux on a PC.
> >
> >have you looked at the serial hooks in lilo? naturally, you'd
> >also need the serial console patch.
>
> Aha! Someone that understands!.
>
> Yes, I know LILO supports the serial port. The problem is, the kernel
> needs to do the same. I thought perhaps someone has already done the
> work.

They have, there was a patch pointed out some time earlyer today (well
could be yesterday, depends on where you are ;). Well the patch was at:

ftp.cistron.nl:/pub/os/linux/kernel/patches/v2.0/ser-cons-kmon-2.0.0.diff

> Mark
Bryn

> --
> Mark Buckaway | mark@datasoft.com | http://www.datasoft.com/
> File not found, I'll load something *I* think is interesting.
> Subscribe to the Funny Jokes and Funny stuff or the Movie Review mailing
> lists. Send email to majordomo@datasoft.com with "subscribe funny"
> or "subscribe movies" in the message body.

PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.
                                 / This space is intentionally left