Re: packages and the kernel (long, sorry...)

Ray Auchterlounie (rda@kythera.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 14:51:41 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> Ray> I think I remember reading an announcement of a package to do
> Ray> exactly this, not long ago on one of the c.o.l groups
> Ray> somewhere. Came from someone at yggdrasil I think.
[...]
> I would very much like to know of this Yggdrasil software, if anyone
> cares to let me in on the secret...

Before I got round to figuring out how to dig it up, it's been helpfully
reannounced on comp.os.linux.announce. For those that haven't seen it
already, message details:

From: adam@yggdrasil.com (Adam J. Richter)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: logwrites 1.1 -- A transparent mechanism for logging
installation of files

ray

--
Ray Auchterlounie                Research Student (still) at:
<rda@kythera.demon.co.uk>            Signal Processing Group