Re: Simple, effective boot graphic

Mark E. Levitt (melevitt@mailbox.syr.edu)
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 21:12:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> No, it MUST. You are one of many who have missed the point.
> If you can find someone with a Mac (retail store even), ask
> them to let you see the Mac boot. The Mac will actually smile
> at you. It most definitely does not spew technobabble.

But I LIKE the technobable! When I first booted Linux after having
only experienced DOS/Windows and Mac, I though "WOW! an OS that actually
tells you what's going on during the boot process."

I also think it looks much more "high-end" to print out messages like
that rather than put up a graphic.

Mark E. Levitt
Department of Speech Communication, Syracuse University
E-mail: melevitt@syr.edu
Home Page: http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt

PGP fingerprint = B8 A3 AA A6 0F 83 9A BE F2 7A 19 F9 15 79 FE A4
Public key available from http://web.syr.edu/~melevitt/pgpkey.html