Re: Boot messages (Was: Re: Ideas for v2.1)

Darren J Moffat (darren@xarius.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:07:46 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Dwight Hubbard wrote:

> I was thinking more along the lines of an image= parameter in
> lilo.conf so the image could be set to anything.

This should be possible now, by doing the "right thing" in your init
scripts (or even a custom init if you really want to), if I remember
correctly image=foo.gif will appear as an environment variable in the init
scripts.

If the kernel has a verbose/notverbose option for boot messages then it's
just a matter of a few secs before the logo comes up.

--
Darren J Moffat