Re: Sparc disk and UFS

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@drinkel.cistron.nl)
Sun, 16 Jun 1996 13:32:27 +0200 (MET DST)

In article <199606142150.QAA01025@andrewes.cnt.com>,
Andrew C. Esh <andrewes@cnt.com> wrote:
>I just searched arch/sparc, arch/i386, fs, and fs/ufs, and I found no
>references to CONFIG_SUN_PARTITION. I saw quite a few CONFIG_SUN tags,
>all under the arch/sparc directory, but none having to do with partitions.
>
>Anyway I am thinking I may have been misunderstood. Down the road I
>may want to read my Sparc disks on a Sparc, but right now I'd like to
>read them on my SCSI PC. I answered yes to all disklabel questions
>presented to me in my i486 architecture build of my current 2.0.0
>kernel. That's the kernel which can't read the Sparc disks.
>
>So, I am beginning to think this has not been done (?).

Hmm, from my linux/fs/Config.in:

tristate 'UFS filesystem support (read only)' CONFIG_UFS_FS
if [ "$CONFIG_UFS_FS" != "n" ]; then
bool 'BSD disklabel (FreeBSD partition tables) support' CONFIG_BSD_DISKLABEL
bool 'SMD disklabel (Sun partition tables) support' CONFIG_SMD_DISKLABEL
fi

So if you turn on UFS file system support it will also ask
you for BSD and SMD (==Sun) partition table support.

Mike.

--
+ Miquel van Smoorenburg   + Cistron Internet Services +  Living is a     |
| miquels@cistron.nl (SP6) | Independent Dutch ISP     |   horizontal     |