Re: Is it "stable" or "experimental"?

William E. Roadcap (roadcapw@cfw.com)
Sun, 16 Jun 1996 11:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, Harvey Fishman wrote:

> If 2.0 is stable, why does the make config script still have a question
> about experimental drivers? If this is REALLY stable, should there be any
> experimental drivers in the configuration? Or am I missing something very
> basic?

To quote Linus, "An experimental driver is better than no driver at all."
That is why the experimental features/drivers are included in 2.0.

In short, 2.0 is a "stable" kernel, except, perhaps, the things marked
"EXPERIMENTAL". ;-)

Actually, you may find many of the experimental features to be quite
stable. Isn't Linux amazing?!

__
William E. Roadcap mailto:roadcapw@cfw.com
TITUS Software ftp://titus.cfw.com/pub