Re: scsi mods

Bernhard Kaindl (bartelt@computerhaus.at)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 21:11:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, Todd Fries wrote:

> If I compile in the scsi disk driver, and make the scsi adaptor
> (specifically the bsd ncr 53c825 driver) a loadable module,
> the disks never get detected.
>
> So I have recompiled the kernel with a loadable disk module,
> to be loaded after the scsi adaptor.
>
> Linux 2.0.0 gcc 2.7.2 p60 libc5.2.18 binutils *.14

IMHO, compiling in the SCSI disk driver while no SCSI host adaper is
compiled in, is useless and could be disabled if the scsi config stuff
is new organized or if the config utils are made aware of such situations.

Bernhard

| Bernhard Kaindl, Tallak 95, 8103 Rein, Austria |
| Autor of kmenu, first kernel config tool for linux w/ automatic menus |