Re: 2.2.0 wishlist

Sat, 15 Jun 1996 10:55:10 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:38:19 +0100 (BST)
> From: Bryn Paul Arnold Jones <bpaj@gytha.demon.co.uk>
>
> Well it's part of the ext2fs, man chattr goes:
>
> When a file with the `u' attribute set is deleted, its
> contents is saved. This allows the user to ask for its
> undeletion.
>
> Hmm.. I guess I should update the man page. The user-side code to set
> the attribute was written, but the kernel-side support for the attribute
> hasn't been done yet.
>
> - Ted

It's ok, in the bugs section, it sais that the u, and c bits are not
honored by the kernel (but I knew this when I wrote that mail). Any
ideas on how this was ment to be implemented ?
Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :(                          |            initiated.