Re: Organize Linux Kernel Distribution by Architecture

Bernhard Kaindl (bartelt@computerhaus.at)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 17:10:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Paul Matthews wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a follow-up to the suggestions made here before
> that Linus organize the Linux kernel distributions by a
> hierarchy that represents architecture-dependency. Thus,
> we can select only the architecture(s) we need when the
> kernel is untarred.
>
> Please help with this. Many other large packages and O/Ss
> already do this; why not Linux?
>
> Regards,
> Paul Matthews

Feel free to exclude the directories with tar when you untar it and
write a special filter for the kernel patches and discard these patches
which you don't need.

If it's worth for you, do it!

| Bernhard Kaindl, Tallak 95, 8103 Rein, Austria |
| Autor of kmenu, first kernel config tool for linux w/ automatic menus |