Re: 2.2.0 wishlist

news (news@inka.de)
Sat, 15 Jun 96 12:54 MET DST

Newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel
From: olaf@inka.de (Olaf Titz)
Subject: Re: your mail
Date: 15 Jun 1996 12:54:46 +0200

Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net> wrote:
> Putting out partial trees makes the main development work harder and will
> cause misco-ordination. I'd not complain however if people were taking the
> core distribution and doing cut downs off it for end users.

The point is not the disk usage but how it gets onto the disks. As
for now, I'm stuck with floppies or modem lines and there one megabyte
more or less does matter.

I still remember the "hooray... we've reached the point where Linux
doesn't fit on _one_ floppy any more" posts and the suggestion to take
out extfs to cure that...

olaf

--
___        Olaf.Titz@inka.de or @{stud,informatik}.uni-karlsruhe.de       ____